Dr. Theurer: “No Age Limits On A Fantastic Smile!”
DID YOU KNOW—FOR THE MOST PART— THAT LOSING YOUR TEETH during your golden years has nothing to do with aging and everything to do with gum disease?! That same disease is also linked to diabetes, cancer, and heart problems. But you need NOT be a victim. As average life spans increase, it’s an important time to understand your aging smile.
As with any age smile, there are Musts, Shoulds, and Coulds:
- As we get older, our receding gums can expose roots to cavities and decay. Don’t ever postpone your regular professional visits.
- Some of the dental work in your mouth may be many decades old, thus greatly increasing the risk of decay setting in around the edges of old fillings or crowns. See your dentist to be sure you aren’t at risk.
- Today’s dental implants look, feel, and function like natural teeth. If you’re missing teeth, advanced restorative implants may be the solution for you.
- Boost self confidence. A recent study indicates that nearly 90% of dental implant patients who previously wore dentures say confidence is up, and, the procedure was worth repeating.
- It isn’t complicated and there’s very little discomfort. More and more “seasoned” citizens are keeping their teeth AND beautifying their smiles with cosmetic veneers. Now you can too.
Salt Lake City dentists, Drs. Daniel and Jared Theurer, want to be sure that each of their senior patients are well cared for. If you have an elderly loved one who really should have a dental visit… But perhaps has been afraid, or doesn’t see the value… Please let us know. We are very sensitive to those fears, and we can help you.
And as always, we invite you to be a part of our Facebook microsite. It’s one of the very best places to keep track of everything going on in our office that effects your family’s oral health. We appreciate having you as our valued patient!