THE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS SAYS THAT TOOTH DECAY among U.S. children is the most common chronic disease today! By the time children begin kindergarten, nearly 40 percent have some kind of tooth decay! Remember… Just because your child’s teeth aren’t hurting—or they look OK—it doesn’t necessarily mean they are OK.
During your children’s regularly scheduled visits, or during going-back-to-school exams, Drs. Jared and Daniel Theurer (and/or members of our team) will:
- take time to review your children’s dental and medical histories
- carefully examine their teeth, jaws, and oral tissues
- complete necessary digital xrays as needed
- polish and clean your children’s teeth
- apply a helpful fluoride/cavity prevention solution
We love our patients! We consider each of the valued families who trust their children’s oral health to us, our friends. We enjoy watching your kids grow up—they can seem like our own sometimes! We feel like a big part of our role is to help YOU, their parents, monitor their health as they grow.
- Teach them the habit of flossing each day.
- Have your children brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Remind them to brush gently and pay special attention to their gum line.
- Limit sugary snacks & high-carb foods. Bacteria that causes tooth decay love sugars—especially those in treats.
- Give them healthy snack foods such as fresh fruits and veggies.
- If they like to chew gum, offer sugar-free options.
- Don’t let your children snack too often.
- Talk with us if you notice any unusual changes in your kids’ oral health.
Here at Theurer Family Dental in Salt Lake City, we do everything we can to help you, your family members, and loved ones maintain your gorgeous smiles for life. If you have questions about your kids’ health, be sure to ask us. We love talking with our patients.