YOU TAKE YOUR CLOTHES OFF and you put different clothes on. But when it comes to your smile, you take it EVERYWHERE you go. Do you like your smile? If you could… Is there some little thing you’d change? Some big thing you’d change?
Today’s smile design techniques and materials, combined with the artistic skills of dentists like Drs. Jared and Daniel Theurer, make having a drop-dead-gorgeous smile easier and more affordable than ever. If you’re a little unfamiliar with some of the terminology behind smile design, here’s a short course:
- Whitening – Sometimes called “tooth bleaching”, smile whitening is the most common cosmetic dental procedure. While many whitening options are now available—including over the counter products—dentist-supervised treatments remain the recommended procedures for lightening discolored teeth.
- Contouring – Contouring is sometimes called “tooth reshaping”. Contouring can sometimes be used to correct minimally crooked teeth, chipped teeth, cracked teeth or an overlapping tooth. It’s a procedure of subtle changes and is commonly used to alter the length, shape or position of teeth.
- Bonding – Bonding is a process in which enamel-like dental composite materials are applied to a tooth’s surface, then sculpted into shape and polished.
- Veneers – Veneers are thin, custom-made porcelain laminates that are bonded directly teeth. They’re an option for closing gaps or disguising discolored teeth that do not respond well to whitening procedures. Sometimes, tooth reduction may be necessary.
- Minimal Prep Veneers – The popularity of prepless veneers is being driven in part by increased patient desire to prevent removal of healthy tooth structure. But not all cases are right for minimal-prep veneers.
The best way to determine what’s right for you and your smile? Simply talk to Dr. Jared or Dr. Daniel. They’re passionate about people’s smiles. They’ve seen beautiful smiles make a huge difference in people’s social lives and careers. It feels good to not be embarrassed to smile. We look forward to visiting with you! Call us at 801-656-0289.